- The New York Times and Munich
- Why does Al Franken Consent to NSA Spying on Innocent Americans?
- So You Want Obamacare?
- The Nature of War in Today’s World
- Models of misinformation — climate reports melt under scrutiny
- WI Bill to Keep Race-based Nicknames
- The Negative Economic Costs of Obamacare
- DOJ Attempts to Halt Voucher Program in Louisiana
- Julianne Ortman for Senator from Minnesota
- Can the US Survive Without Social Conservatism?
Monthly Archives: April 2009
Merriam Webster defines torture as: ” the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure” Note the qualifiers…”to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure.” Note that none of these definitions have … Continue reading
I firmly believe that people cannot tolerate prosperity, and much of what we are seeing, today, is a product of that feeling of noblesse oblige that comes from the hubris of doing well. We do not believe we can be hurt, … Continue reading
There were close to 5000 people at the Minnesota State House to protest the government’s program of taxing and spending. You can see photos here.
We have spent more than a few years, over the past few decades, discussing the role of women in society. We have women’s studies departments in the major universities, reams of books on “glass ceilings” and how to “have it … Continue reading
The United States is, more and more, functioning as the government of the world.