Written by a friend…but I agree with most of her sentiments and wish Sarah well…I am with her if she is running:
Back in 2008, no Sarah Palin wasn’t ready to be president and she needed a lot of fine tuning and had some big issues regarding her media presentation (squeaky high pitched voice, not modulated). She was a dynamo in Alaska but was launched on the public national stage just a bit too green.
Having said that, what stopped me and many others was her killer performance in the debate with Biden. She nailed it beautifully showing:
1. She is not intimidated by an “old boy” and his smirky, smug condescension actually fired her up.
2. She had that “fire in the belly” for change. Given all that’s happened since, I think she has regained it. I think it went “fallow” after all the media attacks and fraudulent ethics charges, but she has been behind the scenes promoting and helping get elected many Tea Party candidates since 2008.
3. She has an amazing handle on the pulse of conservative voters, the ordinary middle class hard-working Americans who are the heart of the Tea Party.
4. She is a fiscal and social conservative to the core. There is no waffling rino stuff. Still, as governor in Alaska, she did build consensus and showed she could put partisan political views aside for the good of the people and the good of the state.
5. No one has been bludgeoned, battered and bullied in the media and by the left and establishment Republicans like she has. Did she fail? Did she fall? Did she give up? NO. Not only is she still standing, but she is talking about a possible run for the senate, forming a third party that is based on true conservative, constitutional values and there is never a moment where she isn’t being spoken about. Click to the link in my sig and you will see a leftist media venue PRAISING her.
Contrast that to Obama’s snits and the way he gets all emotional and angry and withdrawn when he is appropriately criticized for his policies or his lack of leadership or his lack of governing. That is NOT the leader needed in these horribly dangerous times. Let’s not go into all the kowtowing and waffling he does on his apology tours or bowing and scraping to other foreign leaders.
America needs someone who recognizes its “exceptionalism” and its place in the world, not someone who marginalizes it. Palin is a strong constitutional conservative and understands and believes in that exceptionalism as a country of sovereign states that need the ability to make the decisions impacting on their own people, not a central government grab for power to the minutest detail — even so much as the kind of food you eat and the size of your Big Gulp.
I believe she has developed the necessary gravitas to become President. I believe that her weaknesses in 2008, obviously foreign policy being one, have been dealt with and she knows and understands the issues. I’ve watched her commentary on Fox (which she has recently rejoined) and she has long been the go-to commentator for whatever is going on.
People forget that Margaret Thatcher was not the best spokesperson and needed fine tuning herself until she became the Iron Lady. Whether you loved or hated her politics, she became an iron-willed strong world leader and did effect, like Ronald Reagan, positive economic changes for England. Sarah Palin has had since 2008 a chance to fine tune and develop her media persona. She never lost the ability to galvanize crowds (did you see the GOP Convention?).
I’ve been an avid reader of her books and her websites and she is wonderfully articulate with the written word. She was trashed and never got one moment to show what she can do since 2008 without media static and mockery on inane shows that no one watches (SNL), but I think that is changing.
I think Sarah Palin has that ability and if the media and the left would stop their ridiculous attempts at character assassination, she would be provided room to show that.
I would venture she would never be as bad or do as much damage as Obama has done. Do you recall a more divisive racially time in U.S. history? Do you recall so many people being out of work and losing their homes since the Dirty 30s? She is a Reaganite and will bring Reaganite economic policies to save what’s left of the U.S. should she run.
Frankly, I’m thrilled to see some of the fantastic true conservatives out there, so were she to be the leader she could build a helluva team, thinking of Ted Cruz, Trey Gowdy, Allen West and a number of others.